We are looking for a candidate with an engineering technical background to join our SAR-InSAR R&D team.
We are looking for a Senior Remote Sensing Engineer who will collaborate with our research and development team in activities related to the development of SAR and InSAR algorithms and their software implementation. The candidate’s tasks will be primarily geared towards developing our SAR processing suite SARscape and supporting both ongoing and future commercial and research projects.
A good knowledge of the SAR-InSAR theory is mandatory, together with strong problem-solving and team-working skills.
We offer a professional working career in an international and multidisciplinary environment, including signal processing engineers, GIS experts, geologists, software developers and computer scientists.
The main tasks of the position are:
- Research and implementation of new SAR and InSAR signal processing algorithms in close collaboration with the computer scientists’ team to generate the most effective software solutions.
- Processing of satellite data and analysis of results, aimed at improving the software performance for the products generation.
- Provide training and consultancy on sarmap SA software and SAR-InSAR theory.
- At least 3 years of experience in SAR-InSAR data processing, software development and use of dedicated software such as ENVI-SARscape or similar.
- Good knowledge of C/C++, IDL. Knowledge of Python and shell scripting will be also considered.
- Familiarity with GPGPU programming (OpenCL, Cuda) is a plus.
- Passion for analysis and problem solving.
- Enthusiastic attitude towards critical thinking and learning.
- Flexibility to adapt to the required technical solutions.
- Good work planning and sense of organization and delegation.
- Team spirit, high communication skills with multidisciplinary teams and clients.
- This position might require traveling around the world for meetings.
- MSc or PhD degree level in Telecommunications / Electrical Engineering/Environmental Science/Geology or similar.
Experience in SAR-InSAR data processing and GIS analysis will be highly appreciated.
- Fluent English (written and oral) is compulsory
- Italian will be also considered
Please, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com