Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) systems can acquire data in different ways, such as
- Single or dual channel mode (for instance HH/HV or VV/VH);
- Interferometric (single- or repeat-pass) mode;
- Polarimetric mode (HH,HV,VH,VV);
- By combining interferometric and polarimetric acquisition modes;
- Stereo mode.
Obviously, different acquisition modes are subject to different processing techniques, namely
- Processing of SAR Intensity – The product generation is based on the intensity processing.
- Interferometric SAR (InSAR) processing –The product generation includes the interferometric phase processing.
- Polarimetric SAR (PolSAR) processing – The product generation includes the polarimetric phase processing.
- Polarimetric-Interferometric SAR (PolInSAR) processing – The product generation includes polarimetric and interferometric phase processing.
- SAR stereo processing – The product generation is based on the processing of intensity stereo pair.
SARscape is a modular set of functions supporting all above mentioned techniques for the processing of all spaceborne and selected airborne SAR data. The modules are complemented by a multi-purpose tool including a wide range of functions, from image visualisation to cartographic and geodetic transforms.
It includes a set of processing steps for intensity and coherence, e.g. multi-looking, co-registration, single- and multi-date speckle filtering, temporal feature extraction, geocoding, radiometric calibration and normalization, and mosaicing. This is complemented by a multi-purpose tool, which includes a wide range of functions – from image visualisation, to Digital Elevation Model import and interpolation, to cartographic and geodetic transforms. The basic module is complemented by:
- Focusing – It supports the focusing of various spaceborne data.
- Gamma and Gaussian Filtering – It includes a whole family of SAR specific filters including single-date, multi-date, and polarimetric ones. They are particularly efficient to reduce speckle, while preserving the radar reflectivity, the textural properties and the spatial resolution, especially in strongly textured SAR images. Developed by Privateers.
It supports the processing of Interferometric SAR (2-pass interferometry, InSAR) and Differential Interferometric SAR (n-pass interfereometry, DInSAR) data for the generation of Digital Elevation Model, Coherence, and Land Displacement maps. The interferometric module is complemented by:
- ScanSAR Interferometry – It offers the capabilities to process InSAR and DInSAR data over large areas (400 by 400 km).
- SAR Polarimetry and Polarimetric Interferometry – It supports the processing of polarimetric and polarimetric interferometric SAR data.
- Interferometric Stacking – Based on Small Baseline Subset (SBAS) and Persistent Scatterers (PS) techniques, this module enables to determine displacements of individual features.
It supports the processing of SAR stereo data for the generation of Digital Elevation Model.
Quality Assessment Tool
It includes a set of customized functions for the assessment of SAR data quality in geometric, radiometric, and polarimetric terms.
SARscape is available under ENVI platform and is distributed by HARRIS Geospatial Solutions
- Getting started
- Basic module
- Ground Control Point
- Coherent Changes Detection (CCD)
- Geophysical Modeling
- SAR Guidebook sarmap
- Modeler Getting started
Datasets included in the above tutorials can be downloaded from sarmap ftp. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain login credentials. Please provide the full name of the license owner, the name of your institution and the license number.